"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea."
-Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady

Friday, October 29, 2010

Visitors from Afar

Actually these visitors are not from that far, but they are from across the pond, my home country, America. And here is the first visitor...my Aunt Flat Kandy!


And if you are quite confused by this picture...

Here are the real world travelers! My mom and my grandma are currently staying here in London, and this is just a glimpse of our many adventures.  The first day we went to Westminster Abbey and took the guided tour.  It was beyond exciting to get to share a beautiful and treasured sight in London with my family.  What a treat to get to show them around a city that I have fallen in love with and that I have slowly begun to feel a part of.  I'm astounded by how much I feel like this place in my home, as I navigate the tube, point out spots that are special in the city, and introduce them to a bit of my favorite British cuisine, including the famous fish and chips and my personal favorite Hummus Bros.  

Today's adventure was the Old Spitelfield Market, with booths lining the marketplace.  Stalls were piled high with scarves, dresses, and delicious treats.  It was incredible; if only I could completely revise my wardrobe at the market.  And though the markets are some of my favorite things; nothing can compare to having my family here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment