"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea."
-Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady

Monday, November 15, 2010

Good Morning with the Beetles, Good Afternoon with the Pharaohs

As the days swiftly pass by until I leave my beloved London for independent travel, each day is like running a marathon to finish off the London list that I composed about a week after I arrived here.  One of the things that has been on the list from the start was a visit to Abbey Road to of course take the infamous cross walk picture!  Today that dream became a reality.  The sun was shining and we began our trek, which in reality is only like a 35 minute walk.  The first thing I saw was the Abbey Road sign, and I'm not going to lie I almost walked right past the crosswalk...oops!  But it actually was pretty cool to stand in front of the Abbey Road recording studio and then literally follow their footsteps across the crosswalk.  There is also a wall outside that anyone can leave messages on and we left a little one in honor of the Gypsy Tour of 2010 and signed our names.  Also, Meesh I left a little message there in your honor :)  After waiting for many cars to pass and many people to not walk across the crosswalk (what were they thinking, messing up our picture?) we finally captured the perfect picture. I know you are all probably dying to see it, unfortunately it is on Katelyn's camera, but have no fear, it will be posted soon

Behind me is THE crosswalk

Meesh here is your indelible mark left at the famous Beetles sight!



Us all acting mature underneath our Gypsy signatures (but the pic makes the message above our heads a bit hard to see)

Then after this adventure, Kirby and Rachel and I tubed over to Oxford street and finally I ended up near my home sweet home at the British Museum.  Spent the afternoon exploring Egypt via tomb paintings, mummies, and other amazing artifacts.  It is so incredible how much we can discover simply by the ancient art of another culture.  These last days have been so magical...now the work begins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment